CBSE NOTIFICATION UGC-NET Examination JAN 2017
Before submission of the online Application Form, the candidate should read this notification carefully.
On behalf of UGC, the Central Board of Secondary Education announces holding of the National Eligibility Test(NET) on 22.01.2017 (SUNDAY)for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor Both in Indian universities and colleges. CBSE will conduct NET in 84 subjects (listed under item no.14 on page 12 on advt file . ) at 90 selected Cities of Examination (listed under item no.15 on page 14 on advt file) spread across the country.
Notification For UGC- NET Jan.-2017
For Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or
Junior Research Fellowship &Eligibility for Assistant
- The award of JRF and Eligibility for Assistant Professor both OR Eligibility for Assistant Professor only will depend on the performance of the candidate in all three papers of NET. However, the candidates qualifying exclusively for Assistant Professor will not be considered for award of JRF. Candidate appearing in NET should clearly specify in the prescribed Application Form whether they are applying for both JRF& Eligibility for Assistant Professor both OR only for eligibility for Assistant Professor. Candidates who qualify the Test for eligibility for Assistant Professor will be governed by the rules and regulations for recruitment of Assistant Professor of the concerned universities/colleges/state governments, as the case may be
- The result of the UGC-NET to be held on 22.01.2017 will be made available on the websites:www.cbsenet.nic.inas and when it is declared. The candidate will not be individually intimated about their result. The candidates who qualify for the award of Junior Research Fellowship are eligible to pursue research in the subject of their post-graduation or in a related subject and are also eligible for Assistant Professor. The universities, institutions, IITs and other national organizations may select the JRF awardees for whole time research work in accordance with the procedure prescribed by them.
- Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/Persons with Disability(PWD)/Other Backward Classes(OBC)(Non creamy layer), as per the central list of Other Backward Classes available on National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC), Government of India website:www.cbsenet.nic.in, candidate will be given such special concessions as may be decided by the UGC
- Name Of the Post :- JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP: Candidates qualifying for the award of Junior Research fellowship will be eligible to receive fellowship of UGC under various schemes, subject to their finding placement in universities/IITs/institutions. The validity period of the offer is two years w.e.f. the date of issue of JRF Award Letter. However, in case the candidates who have already joined M. Phil./ Ph.D., the date of commencement of fellowship shall be from the date of declaration of NET result or date of their joining, whichever is later.
1. Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master???s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC (list attached Given Below) in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science &Applications, Electronic Science etc. (list of subjects of post graduation attached at page No. 19 to 20 on Advt. file) are eligible for this Test. The Other Backward Classes(OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ persons with disability(PWD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master???s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
2. Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master???s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of Junior Research Fellowship/eligibility for Assistant professor only after they have passed their Master???s Degree examination OR equivalent with at least 55% marks(50% marks in case of OBC(Non- creamy layer)/SC/ST/PWD(persons with disability) category candidates. Such candidates must complete their P.G degree examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified .
3. The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master???s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991(irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET .
4.Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post graduation only. The candidates, whose post graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects in item No.14 (on page 12-13 on advt. ), may appear in a related subject.
5.Candidates are neither required to send any certificates/documents in support of their eligibility nor printout of their Application Form (Confirmation Page) to CBSE. However the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the UGC/CBSE at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action
6.Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/ Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master???s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi. (www.aiuweb.org)
- Name Of the Post :- Assistant Professor
1.NET/SLET/SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions. Provided however, that candidates, who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of the Ph. D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SELT/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions.
2. The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET.
3. For SET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the States Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, being eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India. For SET held from 1st June 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the universities/ colleges situated in the state from where they have cleared their SET.
Age Limit :
- Not more than 28 years as on 01.01.2017. A relaxation up to 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to OBC (Non- creamy layer, as per the Central list of OBC available on website:
- ) SC/ST/PWD categories and to women applicants. Relaxation will also be provided to the candidates having research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant/related subject of postgraduation degree, subject to a maximum of 5 years, on production of a certificate from appropriate authority. Three years relaxation in age will be permissible to the candidates possessing L.L.M. Degree. Total age relaxation on the above ground(s) shall not exceed five years under any circumstances.
- EXAMINATION FEE AND MODE OF PAYMENT:
General Category : Rs.600/-
Other Backward Classes (Non-creamy layer), as per the Central list of OBC available on website:www.ncbc.nic.in: Rs. 300/-
SC/ST/PwD : 150/-
The candidates may pay the examination fee either by credit/ debit card or through echallan generated during the online filling of the application form. In case of e-challan the payment should be made in the Syndicate/Canara/ICICI/HDFC Bank. In case the examination fee is paid through credit/debit card the additional processing charges as following will also be debited from the credit/debit card of the candidate.
Credit card: – 1% of the examination fee plus the service tax as applicable.
Debit Card: – 0.75%of examination fee plus the service tax as applicable
- Important Date :
Start Date for submission of Online Application 17.10.2016
Last Date for submission of Online Application 16.11.2016
Last date of submission of Fee through online generated Bank challan , at any branch of (Syndicate/ Canara/ICICI/HDFC Bank)or through credit/debit card 17.11.2016
Correction in Particulars of application form on the website : 22nd-29th Nov, 2016
Uploading of Admit Card 21.12.2016
Date of Examination 22.01.2017
- EXAMINATION FEE AND MODE OF PAYMENT:
CENTRAL BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION
(An Autonomous Organisation under the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development Govt. of India)
UGC ??? NET UNIT
District Gautam Budh Nagar ??? 201 309(UP).
E-mail : email@example.com
Tele: 7042399520 ,7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526, 7042399529
Official Website : http://www.cbsenet.nic.in/
Kindly Read full advt. Notice File Before submit application Online